The Historic District Review Commission was established in 1972 to protect and perpetuate places and buildings having a special historic of aesthetic interest or value within the Bedford Village hamlet. The area, designated as a historic district, dates from the founding of Bedford in 1680 and contains a number of historic landmarks, including the Village Green and a colonial graveyard and public and private buildings that display the architecture of the period from the 1700s to the present.
The Review Commission, with five members who serve 3-year terms, is charged with regulating the construction of new buildings and the reconstruction, alteration and demolition of existing buildings, including outbuildings, walls, fences, steps and signs.
Jim Renwick (Chair)
See Calendar of Events for meeting times and locations.
Click here to view and download Forms and Applications.
Katonah Historic District
The District's Advisory Commission, established in 1986, has five members who serve 5-year terms.
The Commission is responsible for maintaining the historic character of the hamlet, a rare surviving example of a turn of the century planned community and as the 'village that moved.' Most of the buildings in the area were either built or moved to their present sites within the 15-year period from 1885 to 1910 and present a microcosm of American architectural styles during that period. The area includes and surrounds the Katonah Greens, an integral part of the plan designed for Katonah by the landscape architects G.S. and B. S. Olmstead.
Meets on an 'as needed' basis.
Deirdre Courtney-Batson (Chair)
(The full text of the Historic Districts ordinance can be view at General Code, Chapter 71.) Contact Town Clerk's Office at (914) 666-4534.
About Our Town | Town Government | Departments
Tax Payments | Parking Ticket Payments | E-mail Alerts
Green Living | Forms & Applications | Comprehensive Plan
Calendar of Events | What's New | Contact Us | Home